PORT DOUGLAS, AUSTRALIA - SIMPLY SPECTACULAR
In the heart of Port Douglas
Port Douglas has two world heritage listed natural attractions literally on the doorstep, the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest.
Port Douglas boasts its beautiful Four Mile Beach with turquoise waters lapping onto pristine white sands. Port Douglas is home to some of Tropical North Queensland’s best restaurants, world class shopping, wonderful galleries, day spas, rainforest eco parks, eclectic farmers markets and championship golf courses. A charming combination of sophisticated town and friendly laid back tropical village. There are any number of “out there” activities for those who feel “the need for speed”. Horse ride, helicoptors, ballooning, white water rafting, harley rides – the list is endless.
Welcome to Port Douglas
Port Douglas is the closest departure point for the magnificent Great Barrier Reef. The Marina Mirage, an attraction in its own right, has all kinds of reef, fishing trips and snorkelling & diving charters leaving daily. Or just hire a dinghy and fish the estuary – we promise you will never know what you might catch!
Port Douglas is also a stepping stone to the nearby World Heritage listed Daintree and Cape Tribulation National Parks and Mossman Gorge. 4WD safaris, interpretive heritage tours, rainforest boardwalks and more are all but an hours drive away. Mossman Gorge is simply pristine and a “must see”
So, you can choose to do it all. Or just relax at beautiful Four Mile Beach or our magnificent salt chlorinated pool, have a cappuccino at a sidewalk cafe watching the world go by or lunch at the pub or one of the sports clubs – the views are to die for. All of this is either right here or a short stroll away.
World Heritage Holiday Destination
The Great Barrier Reef is awesome, amazing and magnificent. Your memories of this world beneath the sea will be with you forever. Choose snorkelling, diving, fishing, sailing or just cruising there is a reef tour that suits everyone. Reef tours depart from the Marina Mirage which is just a stroll from Marina Terraces Holiday Apartments.
From Mossman to Daintree to Cape Tribulation and the Bloomfield River you can experience the most unique and primeval rainforest in the world. The overwhelming beauty of this region will leave you in awe. A variety of day tours are available from bushwalking, birdwatching, interpretive heritage tours, river cruises and 4WD safaris. You can also choose to self-drive.
More Activities, Attractions and Adventures
- Kite surfing, jet skiing, kayaking and sailing off of beautiful 4 Mile Beach
- Rainforest Habitat, an eco park where you can actually have breakfast with the birds
- Hangliding off of Rex’s Lookout – take in stunning aerial views of the Coral Sea and Rainforest clad mountains while letting the winds carry you along
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – boat cruises to check out the crocs and 1500 metres of boardwalk for a journey through the wetlands, rainforest and eucalpyt woodlands
- Atherton Tablelands where you can experience the breathtaking lake and waterfall circuit, take a hot air balloon ride at sunrise over lush green farmland, visit historic villages such as Yungaburra or the eclectic art enclave of Kuranda
- Cairns Northern Beaches world renown Tjapukai Aborginal Cultural Park and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over pristine rainforests and the mighty Barron River and Barron Falls
There is much, much more. Our Tour Desk can help find the right activity or adventure for you. Most tour operators pick up at Marina Terraces Holiday Apartments Reception.